Thursday, January 21, 2010

Current Events and Politics


When I was very pregnant with Lea, over 7 years ago, Laci Petersen went missing. The world was searching. Somewhere around that time, 2 children died while playing hide and seek in a chest. I was overwhelmed with fear and grief. I stuck my head in the sand and have kept it there these past 7 years. I was frightened by the fact that I was now bringing another innocent human being into the world that just seemed so ugly.

It is so difficult for me to hear and watch the current events of our nation, let alone this world full of war and hate and catastrophe, especially through a media stream of sensationalism and biased opinion.

I realize that I can't continue to hide in my shell. I feel like a child pulling the blankets over my face to ignore the monsters. I have never thought of myself as a weak-kneed individual, but WOW- I am a complete wimp. I am also a Christian- where is my faith? I see that it's time for me to let those covers down, pray, and step back into the world with my eyes and ears open.

No comments:

Post a Comment