Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WARNING: BRIEF RANT TO FOLLOW


At least I'm going to try to keep this brief.

A few months back I bought this fantastic steam mop. I have 2 large dogs, 1 cat, a box turtle and 2 kids under 8. This thing's awesome! Last week I was filling the reservoir and I read the small warning label. It reads 'WARNING: NOT TO BE USED AS A SPACE HEATER, SERIOUS INJURY COULD OCCUR' or something to that effect. Really? Am I that stupid? Would a person normally use a steam mop for a space heater? I almost googled it. There must be millions of injuries occurring from misuse of steam mops as space heaters, right?

Everything has these ludicrous labels. Are we that creative in our product use? I personally would have never thought to use my steam mop in this manner, although now it has crossed my mind... It's not that I am not a huge fan of safety, but COME ON! REALLY? Who thinks of these alternate uses and dangers in order to warn us against them? Now that is creative thinking. Perhaps if I had a little more of that in me I wouldn't be blogging about warning labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment